Hardly any other field in medicine has undergone such changes over the last few years as that of endocrinologists. Whereas they used to deal mainly with glands, almost all organ systems (heart, stomach, intestines) and their regulation through hormones now belong to the endocrinologist’s field of activity. In an aging society, the detection of early, age-related disorders in hormonal control loops plays an especially important role ("anti-aging"). These hormonal circuits are subject to daily fluctuations and change with age.
Glands and their hormones are interlinked in fine-tuned regulatory circuits that can be examined by means of function tests. Only their precise matching allows any statement to be made regarding hormonal deficiency. Analysis of the regulatory circuits after stimulation tests is a focal point of the endocrinologist’s activities.
In the field of endocrinology, our centre in Frankfurt specialises in the assessment and treatment of
- Diseases of the pituitary gland (“pituitary adenomas”)
- Diseases of the thyroid
- Diseases of the parathyroid (regulates bone metabolism)
- Diseases of the adrenal glands
- Enzymatic disorders
- Hormonal disorders in men: impotence and erectile disorders, infertility, hair loss
- Hormonal disorders in women: menstrual cramps, fertility, menopause, polycystic ovary (PCO) syndrome, hair loss
- Diseases of the bones (osteoporosis)
Important for laboratory examinations: blood samples must be taken in the morning on an empty stomach.
We collaborate with various fertility centres in the Rhine-Main area.